Jennifer supports Client Services at Public Works Partners by supporting project management and conducting research to advance clients’ policy agendas. Jennifer has policy experience in housing and education gained while working at the NYC Mayor’s Office, the Urban Land Institute, and the NYC Department of Education. She is passionate about working at the intersections between economic development, building urban resilience, and climate adaptation.
- Supported the NYC Department of Education’s efforts to facilitate universal pre-K and Head Start enrollment in underserved communities of NYC
- Assisted affordable housing initiatives at the Urban Land Institute and NYC Mayor’s Office
- Evaluated the rate-setting practices of the National Flood Insurance Program against risk-based rates to determine whether flood risk was being subsidized
- Served as a Fulbright English Teaching Fellow in Brazil and taught mini-courses on urban resilience, water resource conservation, and NYC geography
- B.A. in Economics with a minor in Geography from Macalester College
Outside of Public Works Partners
- Can be found at her favorite barre/pilates studio in Brooklyn
- Loves to try new restaurants and cuisines around the 5 boroughs
- Volunteers with Brazilian youths to help them apply to graduate programs in the U.S.