We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to solving the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Public Works Partners is looking for a strategic and analytical team member to join our practice and to play a significant role in high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and nonprofit organizations. We are looking for someone who brings technical and interpersonal skills, who thrives working on multiple projects across different subject areas, and who is excited to work in a mission-driven consulting practice.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to navigate multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research, including interviewing stakeholders and/or facilitating group discussions
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while operating with speed and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in a related field such as urban planning, policy, or economics
- One to three years of experience in the public and/or nonprofit sector, particularly in New York City and State
Preferred qualifications (candidates would ideally have at least one):
- Experience conducting economic analysis, using labor market and economic information
- Ability to use GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign to create and manipulate content
- Knowledge of public sector financial management
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. In-town travel and to other parts of New York State may be required.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are applying for the Analyst position in the email subject line. In your cover letter, describe why this is the right position for you.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
Public Works Partners is a WBE/DBE/SBE-certified planning and consulting firm whose work strengthens organizations that strengthen communities. We drive innovation, manage change, design and develop new programs, and build organizational capacity. And we support planning efforts by engaging local stakeholders at every level and sharing our expertise in labor market analysis and job creation strategies.
Our clients benefit from our in-depth knowledge of New York City and the challenges faced by mission-driven organizations, our work across a range of policy areas from economic development to public health to human services, and the unique backgrounds and life experiences each team member brings. Our team members have held positions in New York City government and nonprofits developing strategies to tackle urban problems, driving policies, and managing large complex programs.