Public Works Partners is a mission-driven planning and consulting firm in NYC serving public and
nonprofit clients. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to solving the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small;
- Identify as entrepreneurial; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Communications & Engagement Assistant
Public Works Partners seeks a mission-driven communications specialist to join our practice and play a significant role in building the firm’s profile with our public, nonprofit and urban planning clients. The C&E Assistant will also contribute to the conceptualization and implementation of dynamic public engagement strategies for our client engagements. We’re looking for a creative thinker with sharp visual and oral communication skills, and who gets ex-cited in delivering effective messages through strong writing and storytelling. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter with a very strong ownership mindset who is comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes, able to adapt quickly and work in a dynamic environment, and has a keen eye for detail.
- Experience supporting internal and external outreach efforts. Contribute to developing and implementing outreach strategy by building outreach lists, forming audience insights, and developing messaging.
- Ability to drive business visibility and development. Manage marketing calendar, including researching award, event, and speaking opportunities.
- Experience leading community management. Serve as a community manager for Public Works’ social media channels and draft social content.
- Strong writing and editing skills. Take the lead on drafting proposal materials, as well as communications collaterals, including blog posts, email newsletters, and social media posts.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of communications, marketing or business development experience in an agency, consultancy, startup, or nonprofits.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and AdWords, social media analytics, Mailchimp, Word-Press, and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign to create and manipulate content.
Preferred qualifications (candidates would ideally have at least one):
- Experience in public and/or nonprofit sector, particularly in New York City and State
- Experience working on community and public engagement strategies and activities
- Familiarity with user-centered and human-centered design strategies and activities
- Experience with B2B marketing and communications
- Ability to use GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Fluency in one of the ten New York City languages: Spanish, Chinese, Russian, Bengali, Hai-tian Creole, Korean, Arabic, Urdu, French, and Polish
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. In-town travel and to other parts of New York State may be required.
To apply for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and 1 writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate you are applying for the Communications & Engagement Assistant position in the email subject line.
About Public Works Partners
Public Works Partners is a management consulting firm serving mission-driven organizations in the public, nonprofit and private sectors. We assist leaders in identifying and implementing innovation in their organizations. We help sharpen focus on key challenges, develop strategic solutions to pressing issues, and improve service delivery to organizations’ clients. We specialize in program design and implementation, organizational and financial development, economic and financial analysis, project management and business process re-engineering. Our approach is tailored to each organization’s unique circumstances, and we field project teams with the right mix of skills and experience to match each client’s precise needs.
Our clients benefit from our deep experience at the nexus of public policy, strategic manage-ment, and program operations, as well as our work across a range of policy areas from economic development to public health to human services. Our principals have run programs and led or-ganizations with a strong track record of building capacity, establishing accountability, and pro-ducing results.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.