Public Works Partners, is a mission-driven management consulting firm in NYC serving public and nonprofit clients. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Project Coordinator/Graduate Intern
Public Works Partners is seeking a Project Coordinator/Graduate Intern to support community economic development and planning engagements in New York City. We’re looking for someone who brings a mix of sharp analytical and keen interpersonal skills, and who is excited to learn more about NYC’s neighborhoods. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and is adept at both directing his/her own work and working in teams.
This is a full-time summer graduate student intern position. The Project Coordinator/Graduate Intern will work on specific projects with varying timeframes, and there will be the opportunity to extend the internship past the summer, pending performance.
- Support community engagement, including documenting and synthesizing the conversations among community stakeholders
- Prepare a range of materials for both client and business development use, including presentations, agendas, maps, graphics, and written analysis
- Conduct primary and secondary research, including interviewing and/or facilitating group discussions with staff at all levels of an organization and conducting Internet-based searches
- Plan, schedule, and implement logistics for meetings and small-scale events
- Conduct data analysis and entry
- Other tasks and opportunities that arise and fit with the project coordinator’s interests and skills
- Graduate student preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of visualization and dashboard design for data analysis and presentation; experience with GIS, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Strong quantitative analysis skills, including creating data models and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Experience or interest in working with nonprofit or government agencies
- Experience or interest in community development, urban planning, or public policy
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office at 99 Madison Avenue, though some travel to neighborhood events (in New York City) will be required.
To apply for this position, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and indicate you are applying for the Project Coordinator position in the subject line.
About Public Works Partners
Public Works Partners is a management consulting firm serving mission-driven organizations in the public, nonprofit and private sectors. We assist leaders to identify and implement innovation in their organizations. We help sharpen focus on key challenges, develop strategic solutions to pressing issues, and improve service delivery to organizations’ clients. We specialize in program design and implementation, organizational and financial development, economic and financial analysis, project management and business process re-engineering. Our approach is tailored to each organization’s unique circumstances, and we field project teams with the right mix of skills and experience to match each client’s precise needs.
Our clients benefit from our deep experience at the nexus of public policy, strategic management, and program operations, as well as our work across a range of policy areas from economic development to public health to human services. Our team has run programs and led organizations with a strong track record of building capacity, establishing accountability, and producing results.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.