Public Works Partners is a mission-driven planning and consulting firm in NYC serving public and nonprofit clients. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work. People who succeed with our firm:
- Thrive when given the space to bring a nimble, creative approach to the thorniest problems;
- Enthusiastically tackle tasks big and small; and
- Inevitably wind up talking about public policy at parties.
Public Works Partners is looking for an Analyst to join our practice and to play a significant role in high-profile engagements with clients, including public sector agencies and major nonprofit organizations. We’re looking for someone who brings a mix of sharp analytical and keen interpersonal skills, and who is excited to work in a mission-driven consulting practice. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with problem-solving and analytical skills who is comfortable working on projects with tight timeframes and is adept at both directing his/her own work and working in teams.
- Project management experience supporting complex initiatives to their completion through the development of presentations and meeting agendas, synthesis of notes from project meetings, and organization and tracking of project tasks
- Experience conducting primary and secondary research, including interviewing stakeholders and conducting journal and best practices research
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines while operating with speed and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in a related field such as urban planning, policy, or economics
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience in a client-facing role preferred
- One to three years of professional experience in the public and/or nonprofit sector preferred; responsibilities may be adjusted based on candidates’ previous experience
- Experience working with nonprofit and government agencies, particularly in New York City and State preferred
- High proficiency analyzing and manipulating data in Excel
- Experience using GIS to conduct spatial analysis
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator and InDesign to create and manipulate content
This position will be based at the Public Works Partners office in New York City. In-town travel and to other parts of New York State may be required.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and indicate that you are applying for the Analyst position in the email subject line.
About Public Works Partners
Public Works Partners is a management consulting firm serving mission-driven organizations in the public, nonprofit and private sectors. We assist leaders to identify and implement innovation in their organizations. We help sharpen focus on key challenges, develop strategic solutions to pressing issues, and improve service delivery to organizations’ clients. We specialize in program design and implementation, organizational and financial development, economic and financial analysis, project management and business process re-engineering. Our approach is tailored to each organization’s unique circumstances, and we field project teams with the right mix of skills and experience to match each client’s precise needs.
Our clients benefit from our deep experience at the nexus of public policy, strategic management, and program operations, as well as our work across a range of policy areas from economic development to public health to human services. Our principals have run programs and led organizations with a strong track record of building capacity, establishing accountability, and producing results.
This job description is for an at-will position which is non-exempt under the FLSA. Public Works Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment regardless of their age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence status, sex offense of stalking victim status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.